Saturday, March 31, 2007

Wonderful are His Ways....

Sometimes, things happen that are not always explainable.

Today, at Mom's, whatever we were talking about, came around to my sharing with her a little about what it must be like to be in SEGREGATION ('the hole') in prison... we had been talking about something, and she'd asked me some questions about certain a family member. This led to (and really do not ask me how, as I cannot recall exactly how this conversation went... only that it got here, somehow.....) talking about denial of the Eucharist and Mass while in 'the hole'.... think it came up because SHE has finally been able to receive Communion from her sister. Her sister just found out that she could take Communion to Mom when she goes to Mass. Mom was thrilled about it!

Anyway, I told Mom about Joan Andrew Bell, who spent over two years in prison, in SEG, because she could not cooperate with evil, and society's laws that allow evil to continue. We talked a little bit about what Joan Andrews Bell did to end up in prison, and I was telling her about the quote that I had found awhile back. That quote, I told her, is easily converted to MY situation.

I got online and found the quote in my saved favorite quotations, and read it to her. She was more impressed with the fact that the Prison would dare to deny someone access to a priest, Confession, Communion, the Sacraments, etc simply because they were in SEG for not cooperating in anyway with her arrest, imprisonment, sentence.... etc. She thought that was terrible. (Just so that you know, I agree with her, even though I now understand how prison security and SEG works. It is STILL terrible....)

Getting back to the rest of the story.....

I am looking at sitemeter, and there was a visitor who came from here to this page. And there on that page... is the link to my piece on Joan Andrew Bell.... When I had read her quote to Mom today, I also told her how simple it was to change her words to my own 'stand' against the evil of forced, no fault, unilateral divorce.

God works in strange ways, His wonders to perform....

God bless!

God bless!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home