Wednesday, July 11, 2007

BELLA

I have been reading about BELLA for awhile, and fully intended to write about it, but then Life entered my world, and many of my ideas went out the door for awhile.

** My grandmother always told me... "If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans!" **
(from the trailers One and Two below)

Part of the reason that I liked it was the actor, who reminded me in MANY ways of Jim Caviezel who played Jesus in The Passion of the Christ. There is, besides the good looks, an INTENSENESS about both of them. And they share the Catholic Faith.

While James Caviezel does not have the same background as Eduardo Verastegui, they both seem to have found a way to touch people in their films.

I am sure many will think that Eduardo Verastegui's part in Jennifer Lopez' video "Ain't It Funny" is 'hot', but as I watched it, I was taken by the fact that she wore a cross...until the dancing became nearly vulgar.
Don't get me wrong, I DO like a lot of Latino music, and it is often sensuous. But there is a fine line that can be crossed between sensuous...and vulgar. Often today, that line is crossed.

The only clue that I had about Verastegui's lifestyle, honestly, came from the first video below, which was only put on youtube about three weeks ago. Today, when a friend asked me if I'd ever heard of BELLA, I really had to dig to find out WHERE.

She also asked me (and others) if it was a movie we wanted to see. My response was YES, DEFINITELY!
After I had read the site she gave to us from the K of C's, I took her to the official site. I also showed her a
review from the Legionaries website, and THEN I found these....

If the story of the rich young man had a sequel

More on Bella and Eduardo Verastegui at The Master's Artist
and the most important one:

The rich young man--the sequel


But then....ah, then... I remembered WHERE I had heard of/read about this movie! I had spent time on youtube and had come across a trailer that really touched me. I went back, and watched it again, and again. and made up my mind that I AM going to see it.... enjoy!

And God bless!









Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

Wait did he make the dance video before or after his conversion? please tell me before...

Tuesday, November 6, 2007 at 5:50:00 PM CST  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

LOL Before. Not sure how LONG before, but it was definitely before.

God bless!

Tuesday, November 6, 2007 at 6:05:00 PM CST  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

Kristin,

I went back and double-checked just for you. The video was out in 2001. That was six years ago. Chasing Papi was done in 2003. Metanoia Films was started in 2004.

God bless!

Tuesday, November 6, 2007 at 6:28:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home