Saturday, May 20, 2006

I Danced With My Son On His Wedding Day...

Oh, my... Bill, of Contratimes, How can I thank you for the truly beautiful suggestion!? (Scroll down for pictures!)

The call came for the Groom to Dance with his Mother, and I gave away my camera, turned, and saw my son walking toward me, about half way across the middle of the floor. I walked toward him, as he grinned his special grin....

We met nearly in the middle of the dance floor as the music started. And he kept grinning...

I listened, and said... "Which one did you pick?"

"You should know, Mom... you picked it!"

I listened just a little longer, looked at him and said "Celtic Woman?" And his grin got bigger...and I started to cry.

As we danced, I told him I loved him, that I am proud of the man he has become, and he teared up...I told him to be happy and to take care of Katie. He said he would... "I love you, Mom!"

He told me that he still had the Kleenex in his pocket that I'd given him earlier in the day for Katie and him to use during Mass if they needed it... And while still dancing, he pulled it out, I took one for me...and one for him.

Because though I was teary-eyed, the tears were running down my son's face as the words began..... and I had to wipe them away several times...


"You Raise Me Up"

When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary;
When troubles come and my heart burdened be;
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence,
Until you come and sit awhile with me.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up... To more than I can be.






My Baby boy....
















Has grown to be....













A Gentle, Noble Man....















Kevin Patrick...I love you, forever!
Be good to Katie...til death do you part.

Katie, Take care of Kevin.



Both of you, Love each other. A choice, not a feeling! Remember Deacon's words about the meaning of a Kiss. Respect each other.





I, Kevin, take you, Katie, to be my wife.
I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad,
in sickness and in health.
I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.

I, Katie, take you, Kevin, to be my husband.
I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad,
in sickness and in health.
I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.


And The Two Shall Become One ....

"What therefore God has joined together, let not man put asunder."





Update June 27, 2006 The Wedding


Related Tags: , , , , , , ,

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Bill Gnade said...

Dear WI Catholic,

What can I say? Tears are flowing here, in NH. I am blessed, I am so grateful. It is such a lovely song. I feel like I was there.

God bless you, your son Kevin, your new daughter Katie. You have raised him well.

Peace,

BG

Sunday, May 21, 2006 at 12:41:00 PM CDT  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

It really is. I have always liked it, and never even thought of it. Kevin likes Celtic music as much as I do, so even though I like both versions, I knew that if he picked this song, it would be Celtic Woman's version.

Thank you, again. All three of my kids are terrific, each in their own ways. In many ways, they each live up to the names that we gave them. Kevin truly does.

God bless you, and yours, also! Numbers 6:24-26

Sunday, May 21, 2006 at 2:11:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Jean Heimann said...

I love the song, too! Beautiful wedding! I share in your happiness.

Good job, mom!

God bless you,
Jean

Sunday, May 21, 2006 at 3:32:00 PM CDT  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

I have to stop coming here today, I think, because each time I come, I get teary-eyed, misty-eyed, all over again. It WAS a beautiful wedding, and Mother of Bride and Katie did a wonderful job planning it. I had not a whole bunch to do, but to pay for the table centerpieces and a gift to them to use toward the photographer. Even the Rosaries were M of B's idea, but then I found the knocker... so we 'covered the entrance to the home, and their prayer life...lol!

Thank you, Jean. This song will be forever special along with I Hope You Dance and Forever Young now.

Sunday, May 21, 2006 at 4:20:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home