Thursday, January 19, 2006

Notes from Catholic Fire

Catholic Fire has several posts tonight that are good to read:

First, she has a quote that all should read and take to heart, and it is very TRUE, by CS Lewis: (Note well, my children)

Love Priorities "When I have learnt to love God better than my earthly dearest, I shall love my earthly dearest better than I do now.
In so far as I learn to love my earthly dearest at the expense of God and instead of God, I shall be moving towards the state in which I shall not love my earthly dearest at all.
When first things are put first, second things are not suppressed but increased."
~ C. S. Lewis


(Note well, my three adult children and spouses.... love you!)

Second,
Benedict XVI has an encyclical coming out about Jan 25, 2006, that warns believers not to confuse love with lust or degrade it "to mere sex". I think that this may be a good one to give to each of my three, but especially to my son and his fiancee whose wedding is rapidly coming up.

Third,
she points out an article that speaks of two women who have come forward to speak about their experiences in George R. Tiller's Wichita, Kansas abortion mill, after the January 13, 2005 death of Christin A. Gilbert at his clinic as a result of complications from a third trimester abortion he did. Details of her death can be found here, and the two women's words can be read here. There are other related stories found there, also.

It is a very sad, sad story.

And finally, she has a message from Fr Frank Pavone that I was GOING to write about, but had to work. Since she has it on hers, I will direct you there, instead.


God bless!!



Related Tags: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home