Monday, July 10, 2006

Wisconsin Appeals Court: Marriage Relationships no Better than any other Intimate Relationship

I had intended to write about this on Saturday, but had to work the weekend and did not get a chance to do so until tonight.

Dad 29 had the first note about the subject that I had seen, but today, I also was emailed the Life Site article about it. There is just a little more background in this piece.

Dad 29 also has a second bit here on a 'poll' taken that claims that Wisconsin is split about gay marriage vs civil unions. I don't buy it. This poll is 600 randomly selected adults, and as all polls, depends on wording and how it is done. Dad 29 feels it is the method, which is plausible, but I would also want to know how the question was asked these 'randomly selected' adults.

Polls are used to 'sway' the population's thinking. I have absolutely no faith in any of them, and truly believe that they are dangerous, because too many do not think for themselves, but base decisions on the latest polls. Repeat something often enough, and eventually it becomes 'fact', even if the 'fact' is based on skewed polls.

It is called 'propagandizing'...

But Wisconsin has an activist judge here who seems to be setting us up for a ruling like Massachusetts has done, and his name is Judge Richard Brown of the Second District Court of Appeals. Seems he has a different way to interpret our very clear state law that says marriage is “the foundation of the family and of society.”

1 Comments:

Blogger WI Catholic said...

I am hoping that you are correct, and that we will vote on it. I am also hoping that those of us who recognize marriage for what it is, One man, one woman... will will that vote.

I am also hoping that the forces that then choose to overturn the votes of the public (as in other states) do not have their way here.

With the 'polls' (which are nothing more than propagandizing the population in my opinion, regardless of 'what the polls' are...) my biggest question is just WHO these anonymous people are. I have NEVER met anyone who has been 'polled'... have you?

God bless! Come back again!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 at 9:21:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home