Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Prom Excess

As a parent who was shocked to find that in two different cities, two different Catholic schools, parents actually were paying for their teens to have hotel rooms "to go swimming" all night at fancy hotels in our areas, I can relate to why this decision was made.

I rarely caved in on anything having to do with health, saftey, faith and morals, but am ashamed to admit that I, being alone, in both of those two schools, did not have the stamina to refuse to let my girls go with their friends. (These were seniors, both 18. In this day and age, they are told EARLY that when they are 18, they can do what they want.... etc. That did not apply in my home... until I was 'reassured' repeatedly that there was no way that anyone could... yeah, right....

Anyway, it made it worse that these were CATHOLIC schools in my mind. Infinitely worse, though I would have felt the same had my kids been going to ANY school.

Hat tip to Janjan for this, and to GenXRevert for his more complete blog piece on this. And hats OFF to GenX for the rest of the story in hyperlinks in his posts on this topic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home