Wednesday, October 12, 2005

A Tribute to His Grandfather by my Son

this is my poem to my grandpa, it will be posted in its entirty on poetry.com feel free like i said to pass it on to anyone else. its the first one im proud to show.

Just One More Day

I wish it didn't have to be now,
I wish it could get better somehow.
I wish there was another way,
I wish I could get just one more day.
One more day to see you smile,
One more day to talk for awhile.
One more minute to hear you laugh,
Just one more minute and a half.
I wish I could take it all away,
and give you just one more day.
I wish you were here today,
to tell me everything will be okay.
I wish you didn't have to go,
so I had time to let you know
- the things I wanted to say long ago.
You are the greatest man I ever knew,
and the best grandpa too.
You are more than just a grandpa to me,
you were my hero that gave me safety.
You knew how to make me smile,
in your own special style.
Thank you for always accepting me,
and never looking down on me.
Thank you for all the fun times we shared,
it was those times I know you cared.
Of all the things I'm grateful for,
it's knowing you won't suffer anymore.
I love you and thank you for being my grandpa.
-Those are the things I'd say,
If God would give me, just one more day.

In loving memory of the greatest man I knew,
Gordon L
My hero and my grandpa.

Copyright Oct 2005

Kevin L

5 Comments:

Blogger Janjan said...

May he rest in peace. What a beautiful tribute.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 at 4:41:00 PM CDT  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

I thought so, too, Janjan

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 at 9:21:00 PM CDT  
Blogger BlondeBlogger said...

Oh, WI, I am so incredibly sorry. I just can't find the words to express how sorry I am.

What a wonderful, wonderful son you have raised! His poem and his letter made me cry...so moving.

God bless all of you during this difficult time. I will be praying for you and your family.

Love and Hugs,
Dawn

Thursday, October 13, 2005 at 12:41:00 AM CDT  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

Thank you, WWN. He lives up to his name, meaning "Gentle, Noble One". He is very very special, as are my daughters.

God bless, Dawn!

Thursday, October 13, 2005 at 12:46:00 AM CDT  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

Thank you. I will let my son know that.

God bless!

Thursday, October 13, 2005 at 12:36:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home