Saturday, April 12, 2008

"Probably the most important interview I will have ever conducted..."

I will be putting this book into my sidebar as soon as I have time.

God bless!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stephen Baskerville
Date: Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 8:42 AM

"Probably the most important interview I will have ever conducted in the last two years of being on this program, the host of the Paul Edwards Program, is the one that I will conduct with Dr. Stephen Baskerville on the issue of divorce. ...  He has written an excellent book...an exhaustive book that desperately needs all of our attention."

This is the assessment of Paul Edwards, a highly influential and respected evangelical talk radio host on whose show I appeared Thursday.  What is taking place in the name of divorce, Edwards said, is "absolutely amazing. It is something that you and I have to take very, very seriously." 

You can listen to and download this interview (though perhaps only for a few days) at

http://www.godandculture.com/.  (I would be grateful if those more technologically adept than I could download and save this recording on their websites.)  You can also send a comment to the station, and Taken Into Custody is now featured on the front page of the program's site.

These quotations reflect the widespread and solid support we now have from mainstream America.  Those of you who have heard my recent interviews on the Albert Mohler Show, the Frank Pastore Show (twice), and many other radio programs will know that we now have the solid backing of some of the most eminent public figures in America.  In vitually all my interviews I receive not only courtesy but support from hosts who express outrage at what the government is doing to families. 

While I hope to have further reflections later, the immediate lesson I draw from this is that we are much too timid in putting out our message.  We have only to tell the truth forthrightly and without fear, and we will be heard.  "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you."
 
Stephen
 
PS:  A stable link to the Albert Mohler Blog story and interview is:
 
 
************************************************
 
Stephen Baskerville, PhD
Associate Professor of Government
Patrick Henry College
1 Patrick Henry Circle
Purcellville, Virginia  20132

Now Available from Cumberland House Publishing:
 
 
Taken Into Custody: The War Against Fathers, Marriage, and the Family
STEPHEN BASKERVILLE, PhD


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home