Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Habits, Sisters, and JPII the Great Catholic High School

There have been quite a few visitors recently that are searching for JPII the Great High School in Virgina. The one today resulted in my 'finding' another blogger with an interesting perspective.

Wondering why a search would bring someone to my blog on the topic? After all, I am from WI, my kids are grown, and there is no possibility that any of my Grandkids will ever attend this High School. But it was intriguing to watch Sister Mary Jordan Hoover, and that led me to look further and then write about the beginnings of this new school, as well as the already appointed principal.

Reading Fr Gonzalez tonight, I also found a reference to the former principal of the High School here in WI that two of my three attended in Wausau, WI--Newman High School. Timothy McNiff left us and went to VA while we still lived in the area after having attained his Doctorate. He was very helpful to this Mom when my oldest was entering High School, because without the reduced tuition he offered, Newman High School would not have been part of our lives.

We were sad to see him leave, but then had a real surprise when talking to my sister living out in the DC area. One of her close friends worked for the Diocese of Arlington, and her boss was none other than 'our' Timothy McNiff!

Fr Gonzalez has referenced a news article with an entirely different perspective on this topic than what I had written, however, and it is worth reading.

Overheard in the Sacristy: "Sisters" take note: "Sister Mary Jordan Hoover"

Sr Mary Jordan Hoover is from the "Nashville Dominicans".
There is also another order of Dominicans in Ann Arbor, MI (the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of Eucharist)

God bless!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home