Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Jane Brennan Motherhood Interrupted



A few days ago, I introduced you to a new author, my friend, Jane Brennan, and to her new website, Motherhood Interrupted. Her book bears the same name.

I am reading Jane Brennan's new book right now, and it is filled with sadness, despair, hope, forgiveness and healing. I recommend it to everyone, including men who have been victims of abortion, or who encouraged women to have one.

It is important to hear this side of the story, and to remember that there are two... at the minimum... victims for every abortion. I say at the minimum, because I know some men who had no choice in the matter, and sadly, lost their child to someone else's decision. I also know many family members grieve the loss of their sibling, niece/nephew, grandchild, also having had no choices. And then there are those who pushed their family member or friend into making that decision, and have come to regret that action.

An abortion does not affect just one person, or even two. It has ripple effects, and does not stop until it is faced, grieved, forgiven.

Jane has given us a glimpse of the effects on the individuals and their family members. It is a book that I strongly recommend, and I will be getting additional copies to be given to others as the need arises. You can purchase it here.

Or, if you prefer an autographed copy, you can order it directly by emailing
Jane@motherhoodinterrupted.com
It is $16.00 which includes shipping and handling when ordered from Jane.

Janie has also written an article for Crosswalk.com, which is today's Lead Article.

Understanding the Post-Abortive Woman

I was a young college student in Boston in the early 80's when I found out I was pregnant. My first reaction was one of total fear... -- Jane Brennan


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home