Monday, June 25, 2007

Update on WI Catholic

Just a quick note to let you all know that I thank you for the prayers, and ask that they continue. It was adenocarcinoma, but Dr Flanagan believes that nothing more will be needed. She is, however, sending me to an oncologist for the final word on the subject, which she thinks will be frequent followups on the colonoscopies (MORE 'Go Lightly!! YUCK!) She wants me to follow through on whatever he decides.

Incision is healing well.. I told them that all the worst case scenarios have been going through my head from my many years of nursing... PLEASE Steri Strip me WELL... they laughed, but did humor me (actually, they told me it would not happen... I said... I know it is all in my head, but...)

I am hurting very little now, but still some discomfort. I can do belly laughs again... for which I am grateful! Mom was here with two sisters last week, and on Wed, she got to read the pathology report after my son took me to the MD appt. We stopped there on the way home. She looked relieved after she read it, but needs to keep being reminded that she DID read it. She has been calling often!!

I go to see Dr Flanagan again on July 12th, after which app't, she will decide if I can go back to work with restrictions (four weeks) or if I have to wait the full six weeks and go back with none. If I am able to return to what I was doing, she may ok with the four weeks. If not, she will see....

I can't drive yet, so am dependent on someone being able to come get me and take the time to go places with me. My oldest daughter and only grand-daughter were able to take me grocery shopping yesterday. It was a lot of walking compared to what I have been doing, so I got a real 'stitch' in my right side near my hip. Not sure what that was, but was VERY glad to get home. I am now all set with sandwich things, salad things, fruits, etc, again. Easy things to make that I like. BUT I FORGOT THE ONIONS!!!!!  I NEED ONIONS!!!! lol I have put out the 'call'.... grin... we will see how long it takes to get some onions... (Ask and ye shall receive...)

So, I am doing FINE, waiting for the oncologist's office to call me to set up that app't, and for July 12 for my afternoon app't with Dr Flanagan...and then we'll see...

Thank YOU for your prayers!
Take care! God bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home