Friday, June 22, 2007

Picture of Dylan and his doctors

There will actually be two messages in this one. I needed to make sure that it would be ok to put Dylan's picture on my blog, which is MUCH more public than our small group of Catholic Friends.

Should anyone feel so impressed..... I do have a way to reach the family, as you can see. I am NOT putting this up to solicit, and frankly, and not anticipating any responses of that nature. The first one is today's, the second with the picture follows...and WHAT a HANDSOME young man Dylan is!!! A real imp, and part of the reason I LOVED working PEDS as a nurse! What a blessing he is, and how hard this must be on all of his family, especially his siblings and parents. Please continue to pray!

God bless!
Here is the first one:

 ( WI Catholic)

Leann wrote back that posting Dylan's picture and updates are fine.  She really appreciates it all... I thought I would share with you what she wrote to me last night...  God really is SO good...
 
Thanks, again!
E
 
E,

I went to the website you emailed me, it was a little difficult to find the blog, but I finally scrolled down to it.  It has been so wonderful to see how many people have just reached out to them in one form or another.  They've received prayer requests, gifts and checks from all over the US from people they've never met, but who have heard about Dylan.  So far they have not had any out of pocket expenses just because of the donations that they have gotten from complete strangers.  Never did we ever expect the kindness that we've experienced through this horrible time.  She was showing me last week while we were over there before he left for UCLA all the letters, cards, and gifts.  We both just cried going through them all, and I'm even getting a little choked up right now just thinking about it again.  And the prayers that have lifted him up and kept his spirits high are the most meaningful, without everyone's prayers he would not be where he is today.  I got to speak to him last night and he is just a mess.  I do have to say he is again starting to not eat much, but still hasn't lost his spunk and talked to me about riding his bike and how his mom just cannot get him the right thing to eat.  Then he told me he was done with me and I could wait for his mom to come back from the kitchen.  Geoff has the flu and was throwing up last night (not good).  Mandy said that she was going to ship him off to a friends today if he didn't go to work.

Thank you again E for all your prayers,
Leann

And now for the PHOTO! TAH DAH..... drum roll please......
DR DYLAN! THREE YEAR OLD CHARMER!


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: E
Date: Jun 20, 2007 1:49 PM

I hope the picture comes through... so you can put a name to a face...  Thanks again, everyone!
 
E
 
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 11:23 AM
Subject: picture of D and his doctors

Here is a picture of Dylan and his doctors.  One of them is working on a publication about Dylan and his cancer and asked if he could take a picture of Dylan for the publication, so Mandy took a picture of all three of them.  Dylan loves his doctor coat, they even took him on rounds with them so he could show it off to the other patients.  On the pocket of his coat it reads; UCLA Medical Center, Dr. Franklin.  They love Dylan down there and who wouldn't with a personality like that.  He is back home again and his blood counts are dropping again, but he was out riding his bike this morning.



View full size

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home