Saturday, March 31, 2007

Childhood Heroine in the News

And then again.... occasionally things come up in the news that show up even when you don't look for them. Sometimes, those 'things' bring back fond memories....

I signed off of a yahoo page, and for some reason, instead of going to the normal page it goes to when I log off (return to yahoo groups or return to yahoo mail... if you use either, you know the pages...) , it went on its own to yahoo.com where the top story showing was about one of my childhood heroines. I still wonder about her, and follow stories about her.

Somewhere in the last few years of elementary school, I discovered Biographies at the library. It was after we were allowed to be in the Adult section. I read many of them, but some, like Harriet Tubman, Florence Nightingale, and Amelia Earhart stayed with me. So when I saw Amelia's name, I followed the link almost automatically.

From there, I also went to Tighar's website and after reading and scrolling down the page, I found a couple more pages that kept me reading for quite awhile. I really do hope that they find some evidence when they return in July, and can finally put to rest what really happened to her and to her navigator. There is so much at that site!

There is actual video of the last take-off! I watched that quite a few times, and did catch the tiny puff of smoke that the author speaks of.
Lae, New Guinea – July 2, 1937 – Be there.
Actual film of Amelia Earhart’s final takeoff.

There is so much at that site! I'll be there off and on for a LONG TIME reading the forum archives and documents just on the Earhart Project!

God is good..... grin...

God bless!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home