Saturday, September 30, 2006

Another reminder of Colonel Rich Higgins

Sometimes, the searches that bring people to my blog are fascinating to follow. I learn a lot in the process, and often find things that I may never have looked into in the process. I have found one article tonight that is in this latest category. In all of my reading about Colonel Rich Higgins, I had never seen this one on World Net Daily.

This is the point of my reminder to McCain the other day, and I had previously blogged about him in July. Prior to that, I had found a now gone (and even then, the links did not work... ) webpage that I posted here just to try to keep his memory alive, a full year before that.

It angers me that some think more of the detainee 'alleged' terrorists than they do for our own even today....

In the article, reference is made to a letter that Robin Higgins, Colonel Rich Higgins widow, had written in USA Today the Friday before the column was written. I am unable to find that letter, but would really like to read it if anyone else happens to have access to it.

"Retired Lt. Col. Robin Higgins, wife of the late U.S. Marine Col. William R. "Rich" Higgins, wrote a must-read letter in Friday's USA Today."

God bless!

2 Comments:

Blogger Johnathan Gay said...

Wisconsin Catholic:

Came across this post when googling Rich Higgins name. Today marked the 20th anniversary of his capture and last week his murderer was brought to heel and given the death he deserved in Syria.

Not a lot of MSM focus on Higgins' death at the hands of this monster, so any attention you could give this would be worth it, in my book.

Thanks for your time. Neat blog. It's amazing how we can communicate with one another across so many barrier thanks to the web.

Cyberhillbilly

Sunday, February 17, 2008 at 12:06:00 PM CST  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

Thank you, Cyberhillbilly!

I had forgotten the date of his capture. I had to do some searching awhile back, because people have forgotten him.

God bless!

Monday, February 18, 2008 at 3:54:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home