Monday, June 12, 2006

What is that saying about a Little Child Shall LEAD them???

There are times, as we have often heard, that Truth comes from a child's mouth! Why is it that the simplistic way that children see things cannot always stay with us? Why do we allow our senses to be dulled to the point where we CAN'T see Truth when it appears before us, yet a CHILD can? And we don't recognize inherent lies in much of the PC rhetoric that goes around today, and for the past thirty plus years? So many of us have been 'brain-washed', or 'propagandized' that we no longer 'SEE' or 'HEAR' or 'SPEAK' Truth...

Got this from Nancy Valko, RN today. It is Nat Hentoff again... you can find a lot of his columns referred to in my archives (use the search this blog feature at the top of the page, OR the technorati search...).

This one is .... EXCELLENT.

God bless!



From Nancy Valko:

Comment: Although this column is actually about abortion, please note the
story about Derek Humphrey:
"He told me that for some years in this country, he had considerable
difficulty getting his views about assisted suicide and, as he sees it,
compassionate euthanasia, into the American press.
"But then," Mr. Humphrey told me, "a wonderful thing happened. It opened
all the doors for me." "What was that wonderful thing?" I asked.
"Roe v. Wade," he answered.
Nancy V.



The Devaluing of Human Life
By Nat Hentoff
June 12, 2006


A friend of mine told me of a recent conversation at his family's dinner
table that keeps reverberating in my mind. His wife, a physician, also
performs abortions. And their 9-year-old son -- hearing the words and
curious about its meaning -- looked up from his plate and asked, "What is an
abortion?" His mother tried carefully to describe it in simple terms.

"But," said her son, "that means killing the baby." The mother then
explained that there are certain months during which an abortion cannot be
performed, with very few exceptions. The 9-year-old shook his head. "But,"
he said, "it doesn't matter what month. It still means killing the babies."
Hearing the story, I wished it could be repeated to the justices of the
Supreme Court, in the hope that at least five of them might act on this
9-year-old's clarity of thought and vision.

The boy's spontaneous insistence on the primacy of life also reminded me
of a powerful pro-life speaker and writer who, many years ago, helped me
become a pro-lifer. He was a preacher, a black preacher. He said: "There are
those who argue that the right to privacy is of a higher order than the
right to life.

"That," he continued, "was the premise of slavery. You could not protest
the existence or treatment of slaves on the plantation because that was
private and therefore out of your right to be concerned." This passionate
reverend used to warn: "Don't let the pro-choicers convince you that a fetus
isn't a human being. That's how the whites dehumanized us... The first step
was to distort the image of us as human beings in order to justify what they
wanted to do and not even feel they'd done anything wrong."

That preacher was the Rev. Jesse Jackson. Later, he decided to run for
the presidency, and it was a credible campaign that many found inspiring in
its focus on what still had to be done on civil rights. But Mr. Jackson had
by now become "pro-choice," much to the appreciation of most of those in the
liberal base.

The last time I saw Mr. Jackson was years later, on a train from
Washington to New York. I told him of a man nominated, but not yet
confirmed, to a seat on a federal circuit court of appeals. This candidate
was a strong supporter of capital punishment which both Mr. Jackson and I
oppose, since it involves the irreversible taking of a human life by the
state.

I asked Mr. Jackson if he would hold a press conference in Washington,
criticizing the nomination, and he said he would. The reverend was true to
his word; the press conference took place; but that nominee was confirmed to
the federal circuit court. However, I appreciated Mr. Jackson's effort.

On that train, I also told Mr. Jackson that I'd been quoting in articles
and in talks with various groups from his compelling pro-life statements. I
asked him if he'd had any second thoughts on his reversal of those views.

Usually quick to respond to any challenge that he is not consistent in
his positions, Mr. Jackson paused, and seemed somewhat disquieted at my
question. Then he said to me, "I'll get back to you on that." I still
patiently await what he has to say.

As time goes on, my deepening concern with the consequences of abortion
is that its validation by the Supreme Court, as a constitutional practice,
helps support the convictions of those who, in other controversies involving
euthanasia, assisted suicide and the "futility doctrine" by certain hospital
ethics committees, believe that there are lives not worth continuing.

Around the time of my conversation with Mr. Jackson on the train, I
attended a conference on euthanasia at Clark College in Worcester, Mass.
There, I met Derek Humphrey, the founder of the Hemlock Society, and already
known internationally as a key proponent of the "death with dignity"
movement.

He told me that for some years in this country, he had considerable
difficulty getting his views about assisted suicide and, as he sees it,
compassionate euthanasia, into the American press.

"But then," Mr. Humphrey told me, "a wonderful thing happened. It opened
all the doors for me." "What was that wonderful thing?" I asked.

"Roe v. Wade," he answered.

The devaluing of human life as the 9-year-old at the dinner table put it
more vividly did not end with making abortion legal, and therefore, to some
people, moral. The word "baby" does not appear in Roe v. Wade, let alone the
word "killing." And so, the termination of "lives not worth living" goes on.


Interesting.

I find Archbishop Sheen's words SO compelling here.


"Right is still right if nobody is right,
and wrong is still wrong if everybody is wrong,"
Archbishop Fulton J Sheen author of The Life of Christ



LIFE IS PRECIOUS FROM

CONCEPTION TO NATURAL DEATH.
CHERISH IT!
PROTECT IT.


And from another......


"I will not cooperate with immoral, unjust laws corruptly and cowardly imposed on the American people for the sake of pretending to solve social and economic problems by murdering innocent children...Indeed, I will not obey unjust laws nor consent to cooperate with the murder of the sacred lives of God's precious children. I could no more adhere to the unjust laws of this land, or in any way give credence to evil enshrined in law, than deny God Himself."
~~~Joan Andrews Bell




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home