Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Calling Writers

Moving this one up .... hoping to hear from some people!

I have been working with a retired Brigadier General who wants to write of his life story, and it is a very interesting one. This man served in Korea, became a surgeon, served in Vietnam, went on to school when life changed for him, to other professions.

The youngest child of a large family, he left a lucrative position to enter college, with no financial support from home. His goal then was to survive and graduate, but his love of education has him continuing to take, at age 79, as many continuing education courses as he can squeeze into his hectic schedule. And he still works full time.

He is looking for a writer to collaborate with him, because he is a man of few written words. He needs someone who can bring his story to life on paper. He has many firsts in his life that he wants others to know about, and is feeling an urgency (because of his age) to get this project done!

If interested, or if you KNOW someone who may be interested, please let me know, with any kind of documentation of your writing skills that he can see.

God bless!

Second thought... addendum...10:47 PM

He wants a good writer, with experience... if you can fill the bill without any mil or med background... and are interested ... again, send your qualifications, etc, and I will get in contact with him...

2 Comments:

Blogger BlondeBlogger said...

Curious...is he offering pay to the writer that takes this on? Does he have a publisher interested in publishing his book?

I think I'm definitely qualified, and I'd be interested, but since my life is so hectic, it would have to be for compensation since I'd have to put my other writing on hold.

Tuesday, June 6, 2006 at 10:24:00 PM CDT  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

He mentioned having a publisher interested, and I have no idea of the financial aspects of it. I could assume, but won't. He is looking for photos now, as he has said he has everything else needed, but is not talented to put it into words.

Tuesday, June 6, 2006 at 11:08:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home