Wednesday, May 10, 2006

"Greater love has no one than this.....

Mayor Menino comforts Isaura Mendes who lost her second son to street violence Saturday night. (Staff photo by Mark Garfinkel)


Quagmires: When Will It All End?

Some of you may recall hearing the eminent evangelist and social justice activist Tony Campolo say the following before a speech to thousands of evangelical Christians gathered at a major event:

"I have three things I'd like to say today. First, while you were sleeping last night, 30,000 kids died of starvation or diseases related to malnutrition. Second, most of you don't give a shit. What's worse is that you're more upset with the fact that I said 'shit' than the fact that 30,000 kids died last night."


Thus begins another powerful article written by BG, of Contratimes. And then he sends us to the story depicted above.

BG visited me tonight, and left a comment . At this moment, his hyperlink did not lead me to the news story, but I have asked him to return and see if he can link to in the combox.

My own response to his comment is there, also.

Words fail right now... May the Dear Lord bless and Keep Her.

"Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." ~~John 15:13

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and may perpetual light shine upon him...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home