Wednesday, April 19, 2006

To Dance With My Son On His Wedding Day....continued

Update June 27, 2006 The Wedding


Awhile back, I mentioned that we were looking for a song to dance to at my son's wedding. We are still looking, and he has found a few others.

So, having ruled out the others, the latest suggestions are these:

Dance songs
A Song For Mama - Boys II Men


There You'll Be - Faith Hill


Godspeed - Dixie Chicks


Have I Told You Lately That I Love You - Rod Stewart

So he is still looking... it is getting closer!



I have had some suggestions sent to me, including

Hero by Mariah Carey

Wind Beneath My Wings

The Wonder of You by Elvis Presley.

I Am Your Child by Barry Manilow


Some that others have mentioned however are REALLY meant for the Bridal Couple...and would be very hard for me to dance to with my son... just would not feel right, and would send the wrong message.

So, we continue to look... Oh, those others that some sent to me are on the same website that Rod Stewart's is found on...along with many that are just not appropriate... and some that are very appropriate.

God bless!




Related Tags: , , , , , , ,

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill Gnade said...

My dear WICatholic,

Have you ever considered "You Raise Me Up" by Josh Groban, or by Celtic Woman? The Celtic Woman version is stunning; but Groban's tenor may be more appropriate for this very important moment in your son's wedding. It is a lovely, touching and poignant song: As a man who knows quite a lot about weddings, I will say that it works perfectly for the mother/son dance (the Celtic Woman version is perfect for the Father/Daughter dance).

The Groban lyrics are here, but it is much better to listen to it.

I promise that if your relationship with your son is at all like the sentiments touched on in "You Raise Me Up," there will not be a dry eye in the house.

Peace to you!

BG

(I am, among other things, a wedding photographer.)

Thursday, April 27, 2006 at 8:24:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home