Sunday, January 29, 2006

To Dance With My Son On His Wedding Day....

Update June 27, 2006 The Wedding
Further updated July 18, 2006


  • I Danced With My Son On His Wedding Day... ( with pictures)




  • We have been discussing center pieces ( I am buying them, they are planning them) and songs to dance to at his wedding in May.

    I have always liked Rod Stewart's 'Forever Young' whenever I have thought of him, but that is not an easy one to dance to.

    So I asked some friends to think about it, and one came up with Reba's song, "You're Gonna Be", which made me cry. The weight was wrong, but the words were right.

    So tonight, he says, this one? And he sends me to a page with a group and lyrics I have never heard... Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband singing "Dream Big" but it just does not do much for me. They do for him, as he says that this is what I taught him.

    Ok, so we have one misty eyed song, and one not... when he adds another to the mix. I searched for it, found it, and again... tears form.

    "THE MAN YOU'VE BECOME" (3:14) A mother's song for her son (Molly Pasutti)
    (Listen to the MP3 / See Lyrics)

    But listed right below THAT one is another....

    "IN YOUR EYES" (3:42) A son's tribute to his mother (David Chamberlin)
    (Listen to the MP3 / See Lyrics)

    ......so now we have three that bring tears to my eyes, one that does not, but that he likes...

    I told him that it has been so long since I have slow-danced that I will need practice anyway, and will probably step on his toes...

    He said that would be ok.

    So, any preferences? He laughed when I said I was putting this on the blog....


    ADDENDUM:

    June 15, 2006

    I have been being visited by many searching for "songs for my son for his wedding", etc from Google and yahoo. This is the one that comes up the most often in the searches. BUT, no one sticks around to find out what happened, or what song we finally chose!! lol SO, I am adding this note with others to check out. Our song was finally given to us by BG from Contratimes. And it is none of those that WE had found. To learn which one my son chose for his dance with his mother, you can read more "Full Wedding Coverage" ..... heck, you may even see some photos.... lol!

    God bless!!






    Related Tags: , , , , , , ,

    4 Comments:

    Blogger BlondeBlogger said...

    Hi WI!

    I don't have time to listen to the songs now (I'm on dial-up and my computer's super slow) but I just wanted to say I can't imagine how bittersweet it must be for you.

    I don't even want to think about my son getting married. I want him to stay my little guy forever!

    Monday, January 30, 2006 at 12:47:00 PM CST  
    Blogger WI Catholic said...

    LOL I don't want to think about it either....arrgghh!

    But he is going to be 24 soon, and though it seems like yesterday when we brought him home, it isn't. So enjoy them on a daily basis, even when it seems hard to do...grin.

    God bless

    Monday, January 30, 2006 at 2:08:00 PM CST  
    Blogger The Libertarian said...

    Ok this is the son. Hi mom. I just want to add that while I do like Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband, I tossed it out to you because of the lyrics. However it is a great song, but I really don't think it's the "perfect" song for you and me. I know I won't find the "perfect" song but I would like one that people can hear and listen to the words and ask themselves if there's a connection or see the connection. I'm still looking for it though.

    Monday, January 30, 2006 at 10:53:00 PM CST  
    Blogger WI Catholic said...

    Well, we will keep searching, but any of the three is fine with me.

    I am not sure right now which of the three I like the most, actually.

    God bless, and Keep you!

    Tuesday, January 31, 2006 at 3:17:00 AM CST  

    Post a Comment

    << Home