Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A child's message of grace amazes her city


Such a cutie!


What a sweetheart. Just look at the innocence radiating from her face, while a little of an imp shows through....

I know he didn't mean to do it,'' Kai Leigh Harriott, 5,
said of the man whose stray gunshot left her paralyzed.
(Globe Staff Photo / Essdras M. Suarez)


I wrote about little Kai Leigh Harriot the other day, and had another ready to go, but must have lost it somehow.

That works out better, actually, because today, in trying to retrace my steps, I found a set of 7 still photos that also tell the story with powerful impact. But there is also another video to see at that last link, under the words

Paralyzed girl, 5, confronts shooter



Megan Tench wrote on April 15, 2006:

Hair stylist Cathleen Foster came home Thursday after a long day of cutting and coloring at the Newbury Street salon where she works. In the quiet of her living room, she turned on the 10 o'clock news, and was drawn to the story of a little girl shot and paralyzed by a stray bullet.

Then she was floored, by the little girl's words, her composure, and her tears.

''When she lost it, I lost it," Foster said. ''I was sobbing not just because of what happened to her, but because a mother, in the year 2006, was able to raise that type of child."

Amen, amen... for the rest of the story, go here....

4 Comments:

Blogger BlondeBlogger said...

Thanks for the update. I agree..so moving that this mother has raised her daughter this way. She should win a mother of the year award....seriously!

Thursday, April 20, 2006 at 3:09:00 PM CDT  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

I tear up every time I see anything about her, and her story, Dawn... what a child! What a tribute to her mother and family she is!

Thursday, April 20, 2006 at 8:13:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Bill Gnade said...

I agree wholeheartedly with you both. There is no way you can resist welling up with tears when you see this girl smile at play. She is a touch of heaven, all angel, all grace.

Peace.

BG

Friday, April 21, 2006 at 4:08:00 PM CDT  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

Thanks for stopping by again, BG... or, and last night, I also saw your link to my first piece about Kai Leigh! Thank you!!!

God bless!

Friday, April 21, 2006 at 6:34:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home