Monday, March 06, 2006

Prayers for a homeschooling Mom, Missey Gray and her family

Sometimes, visitors to one's blog bring blessings. I am not and never was a homeschooler due to the family circumstances and my lack of patience and organization. Had I ever attempted to homeschool, we would have had more 'vacation days' and 'field trips' than lessons. AND, we would not have survived.

In order to homeschool, one must know oneself, and one's limitations. I did not have the time nor patience to do a good job not solely because I was forced to be a single mother to three little ones, but also because of my own inadequacies. I know my limits. I would not make a good doctor, but I am a good nurse. I am a good assistant for some things, and some things I can lead well. I could ADD to my children's education on our family trips by taking them to places, stopping at historical markers, etc. But I could not be totally responsible for everything in their education full time.

I think my kids would be the first to agree.

Tonight, looking through my visitors, I went to a site to see who they were, and in scrolling down, came across this sad note, and then went to the original one here. I also went to read Missey's last message, and her husband's message to all. And I pass it on here in case others who knew/know her have NOT seen it for any reason, as well as to ask for prayers for this family, her husband, her five children, her newborn now motherless.

I strongly admire homeschoolers. I often WISHED that I could homeschool, but knew it would not be fair to my children. May the Lord watch over this family in a very special way, and may He give them peace.


Numbers 6:24-26

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home