Thursday, March 16, 2006

More on emails

Responding to a comment by Catholic Fire here, because for some reason, it would not post in comments. (Probably too long...? Or perhaps meant to be read by more than would take the time to read comments boxes...?)

Anyway, it will now be here:


I got a followup email from him ignoring much of what I had said to him.

Quote:

Did you check my website? Or can I at least send some of my articles? Or how about answering some simple questions?

The Catholic Church says that they know Jesus died for them but then tells you that you can merit graces through the sacraments. Doesn't that in itself raise a red flag? If Jesus died and said "It is finished" what do you think He finished? Hebrews 1:3 tells us that He purged us of our sins (believers of course) yet your Church teaches of a place called Purgatory. Doesn't that present a problem to you? As you can see I am only out to alert Catholics of the false teachings in their way of thinking for their own eternity's sake. You say that you are a member of "His Church" but theI bet that is because you believe Matthew 16:18 is as they tell you, but read it again, Jesus says upon that (Peter had just proclaimed Jesus as the Christ) Upon THAT is how HE (NOT PETER) will build His (Jesus again not Peter) church. How can you ignore these facts???

Ask most Catholics and they either don't know or don't care about what their church teaches- Truthfully
Where are you in this if you are really born again?

Just responding because I care, Are you following His word or your Catechism? There is a big difference!
End quote.

Now again, I am not disclosing Mr K's name or location because he did not have the warning notice on my blog at the time. However, I am also not posting his website(s).

My response to him:

Did you read my email? I have had this same discussion countless times with people I know. Many of them you probably also know personally.

I am not leaving His Church. I have already gone that route long ago, searching. I could not leave the Eucharist. Not a symbol, ("Mr K"). He did not tell those who left Him that He was kidding or speaking symbolically. It is not a wafer, or a cracker, but Body Blood Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ. It is not a 'different Jesus', He is the One and Only Begotten Son of God, part of the Trinity.

Part of what I wrote to you is very important to me, and you ignored it.

It would not be proper to 'continue in person', actually. I do not meet with men privately for any reason, including to discuss my Faith, and honestly have no interest in maintaining email discussions privately. You are welcome to read my blog and in comments, to contribute your views on the various topics there. This keeps any discussion 'public'. But again, I do not engage in long apologetic type discussions designed to denigrate the Church or our beliefs, even there.


Yes, I did look at your website. I believe that if you read mine, you will see another huge difference in following Christ, in taking His Word literally. I had no idea when I responded to your first email of what I later read on your website, when I wrote my sixth paragraph to you.

But perhaps, since you believe that God works in His Word, as I do....perhaps He led you to my blog for a totally different reason than what YOU seem to think He did.

God bless,

WI Catholic


Jean,
It isn't that I have more patience, because I don't. My lack of patience is exhibited in the fact that after five years on yahoo clubs and groups, message boards, catholicity groups, forums, etc, I have learned that it is not reciprocal, and it is a tremendous waste of time, ending in frustration.

The assumption is made long before the person even attempts to know me:

That I MUST be saved, by that person.

That seeds MUST be planted by that person.

That my Church MUST be denigrated by that person.

And each person comes with the same arguments, thinking that this is the first time I have ever 'heard the message'.

But are they willing to be open to an honest discussion? No, because in their minds, they KNOW that they are correct, and I am incorrect and misled, duped, blinded.

We would get nowhere in any discussion simply because I know that I am not.

The sad fact is that I do know of this family, though I did not know the entire facts of this man's story until I did go to read some parts of his site. When I did read it, I had a moment of ...oops... with what I had written.

It dawned on me as I read his second email to me that perhaps my OOPS was exactly what God wants him to know.

And yes, I am praying for him. It always saddens me when it is a former Catholic. It is then that I wish he would come into long term contact with Jeff Cavins. and not only read his books, etc, but perhaps also do his Bible Study.


God bless!


Related Tags: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home