Friday, January 06, 2006

Bishop Fliss Meeting Jan 15, 2006

I had not been following the story in northwestern WI until another friend recently made mention of the situation not being good, and the much needed prayer in the area, esp regarding the Bishop's seeming lack of concern/response.

However, the news story again crossed my path today, and it still is not resolved. Please pray for the meeting on January 15th. I don't know why, on this side of Wisconsin, I missed this story in December of 2004. I do vaguely remember hearing of a priest who had committed suicide, but did not catch the rest of the story until much more recently when I learned that a judge had ruled thatthere was probable cause that the priest had killed two men in Feb. 2002. I had not known this until my friend had asked for prayer.

Having lived in Bishop Fliss' Diocese from mid 88 to mid 95, I still did not knowmuch about him. Our parish was located on the farthest end from the Bishop, much closer to the Diocese of La Crosse at the time.

The entire situation is tragic, and my heart goes out to the families involved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home