Saturday, December 31, 2005

And a Little Child Shall Lead Them....

Fr Rob of Thrown Back has a sweet story about a young child with his penguins that visited the Baby Jesus, here.

It was a long time ago, but I can remember some stories similar to this, as I imagine nearly any parent can. Treasure moments to hold onto as they grow up.

It goes too fast. I heard people say that so very often as we struggled with childhood illness, temper tantrums, "owies", over-filled schedules of dance, sports, plays, and so on, and way back then, it was so easy to simply say "yeah, I know... I can't wait ..." even when we LOVED them and did not want them to really grow up.

But it really does go by fast. Too fast. Treasure those little moments so that you can remember them when they are getting ready to have their own children... or when the last one is preparing to be married in just a few months....

Sigh, he was my kid who carried EVERY Fischer Price toy he had in his little fingers, hands in anyway he could get them there. And he took them every where... EVERYWHERE! And we could not leave til he had them once again, in his hands, entwined in fingers... I still cannot figure out how he carried so many. And, no... they could NOT go in a bag! Or a back pack... or anything... but his hands.

He also nightly listened to Bible Stories to go to sleep by. His all time favorite was Zacheus's story. And in Church, when anyone said that name, if they pronounced it incorrectly... he corrected them vehemently from where ever he sat, usually front row. He loved that story, and Dan and Louie were the ONLY ones who knew how to say that name, in his humble opinion.

There are treasured stories for each of my three... I am sure you have some for each of yours, too. Remember them.

They grow up much too fast!

God bless!

2 Comments:

Blogger Janjan said...

You're going to make me cry!! Please pray for my older girl, she's off to Capetown to work for a month.

Saturday, December 31, 2005 at 11:26:00 PM CST  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

Oh, I will pray~ God bless!

Sunday, January 1, 2006 at 9:12:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home