Monday, January 02, 2006

Pray for 13 Trapped Miners in WVa

Thirteen miners are trapped in a mine after an explosion in West Virginia, about 100 miles northeast of Charleston in the north-central part of the state. The dateline on the story is Tallmansville, W Va.

Please pray. I have been watching this for most of the afternoon. They are going to try to go in now. They have not heard a word from the miners since it happened this am about 9 AM Central, apparently.

They have been trying to monitor for methane and for carbon monoxide gases. There are currently five mine rescue teams there. Spokesman for the mining company said that they do not have any information that this was a methane related event. They are preparing to go underground right now.

Pray for the families who are there waiting for news of their loved ones, also.

2 Comments:

Blogger BlondeBlogger said...

I just read about this myself. I wonder how far that is from me (Charlstown is not very far).

I will be praying!

Monday, January 2, 2006 at 5:37:00 PM CST  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

I am not sure, but they still have not really been able to enter the mine. If they are still alive, this has to be terrifying for them. And it must be HELL for the family/friends to have to wait. The search teams also need prayer.

I cannot imagine.

None of W Va or VA is very far from each other. But they said that the mine is near the center of the state?? Did not check the map at all. The news has said that it is actually in Tallmansville.

Monday, January 2, 2006 at 6:31:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home