Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Steven Curtis Chapman on TV promoting adoption

ADDENDUM:

Please take the time to read the comments to this post, as someone named FauxClaud has taken this post verbatum, including the link to my post here on an msn group named Anti-Adoption Insights. Especially read the third one. They are all from me, but the third one is left here, and could/should be a separate blog on its own. The first two are simply directed to FauxClaud.

Because I have had some people come (and some seem to be coming from that goup, according to the sitemeter, I have chosen tonight to add this brief note to draw attention to what I wrote after the first visit.

God bless!
*********************



Got this in email also, and meant to put it here the other day. Steven Curtis Chapman and his wife have adopted three girls, that I am aware of.

The email:

Steven Curtis Chapman on TV promoting adoption

Merry Christmas from the national office marketing & communication department.

The following are 3 upcoming TV appearances for Steven Curtis Chapman with his brand new adoption-focused music video "All I Really Want". Several Bethany staff members have seen this new music video and it is fantastic! You can see this new video by going directly to cmt.com (country music television's web site) or by following the links from Steven's web site at http://www.stevencurtischapman.com/.

Feel free to share this information with anyone else to promote the positive message of adoption and the needs of so many children who would love to be part of a family.

Steven's All I Really Want music video is being added to rotation at CMT, Country Music Television! It will debut on the CMT Top 20 Countdown Show, the networks highest rated program on Thursday December 15. The video will continue to re-air on the countdown show 5 more times through Sunday, December 18, and will spin in regular day parts until Christmas.

Then, on Sunday December 18th, Steven will appear on the nationally televised Hour of Power program. Steven is scheduled to perform an acoustic version on All I Really Want, along with a short interview. Check local listings for time and channel.

And then on Christmas morning, CBS Sunday Morning, seen by 7 million people each week and hosted by Charles Osgood, will feature a piece on Steven, his efforts with adoption, his family and his music. You know you'll be up opening presents early! so be sure to check your local listings and catch Steven on CBS.

Thanks,
Marc Andreas
Director of Marketing & Communications



Related Tags: , ,

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger WI Catholic said...

OPEN LETTER TO FAUX CLAUD of Anti-AdoptionInsights:

I don't care that you came here, or that you do not 'know' me. But I do care that you take my entire post and put it into your MSN group under the heading: "Oh Lordy!! Where's the Puke Bucket Guy??"
complete with the entire url to have others return to my blog, and leave no comment here.

http://groups.msn.com/Anti-AdoptionInsights/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=28002&LastModified=4675552090152114179

You sent it 12/16/2005 9:56 PM and so far, at this time, have no responses. But I will be watching for how much traffic you send here from your site.

God bless! Next time, leave a messages stating that you are posting my entire post on 'your' site, ok? Just a matter of courtesy. (smile)

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 at 6:44:00 AM CST  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

Oh, by the way, I also have your ISP number logged. Thanks.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 at 6:49:00 AM CST  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

To anyone who should happen to read this and then go to the site....

I am not an "adopter", which is a rather derogatory term used by many who are very angry with the system. Some have very good reason to be angry. Some simply choose to blame the adoptive parents. Until I came online in 99, I had NO idea that there were truly people who hated us. It was a shock, and it hurt to learn this, as this is NOT the experience for either of my children. I have searched for and found my daughters' birth parents (three of the four) and have nothing but respect and admiration for the two people that I have met. The third has never responded to our letters, and was in denial about the pregnancy until she entered the hospital in severe pain and had to admit she was in labor, at the birth of my daughter, later placing her second daughter for adoption as well. The two girls know each other, though raised in different homes.

I am a mother. I am an ADOPTIVE Mother. The term adoptvie is an adjective. The term 'adopter' is a noun, and a disparaging one at that.

I would never call my daughter's birth mothers "Birthers", which would be the natural term to use in response to 'Adopters'. It would be just as derogatory and demeaning.

It takes a special person to get along with the 'other parent' in adoption. If one is searching, the worst thing that can happen is to make an enemy of anyone of the Adoption Triad!

The Adoption Triad is the birth parents, the adoptive parents and the adoptee (adopted child/adult). Both sets of parents are important to that child/adult. Both. To intentionally harbor animosity toward the adoptive parents will definitely become apparent should you be blessed with the opportunity to meet someday, and will affect the relationship.

We, as adoptive parents, are NOT the enemy of birth parents, and can be, if treated with dignity and respect that we deserve as fellow human beings, your greatest ally.

I repeat... I am the one who searched for, and found with the help of another birthmother in Wisconsin, three of the four birth parents for my two girls. I am the one who taught them from little on that they must love these people who chose LIFE for them, and then allowed us to become a family for their own personal reasons.

I am the one who hugged and said thank you (though Karen beat me to it) and had planned to do so from Day One... when we finally met. And I am one who grieves that my second child's birth mother has never acknowledged my adult daughter's request for Medical History update, or even reception of the letter/cards that she had been sent.

I can be your friend... or you can treat me like an enemy. But the choice is yours. I would prefer friend. You can begin that by calling me (Adoptive) Mom, so that when my daughter chooses to also call YOU Mom, it is also ok with me.

And I guarantee you that there are many like me out there who encourage their children to find their roots if they need to.

You are never forgotten. You are thought of, and probably prayed for many many times over the years. So let go of that anger that would dehumanize us with the derogatory term of 'adopter', and begin to think of the day that you will meet us and find us willing to do what is best for our child.

Monday, January 2, 2006 at 6:20:00 PM CST  
Blogger FauxClaud said...

HI,

I know this happened a few years ago, but I am actually just finding this now..and I wanted to say that I am sorry that people came over here and were mean.

Look, if you put something online, it's open season on it. I'm not saying that as an excuse, but just so you know since obviously it upset you. That was not my inention and I guess we all need to remember that at the other sied of the computer screen is a real person.

Anyway, with all sincerity. I am trully sorry.

Sunday, January 11, 2009 at 11:20:00 PM CST  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

Putting something online does not mean open season, as in attack, mock. It does, however, open one to different points of view, to learning, and to educating.

I have treated those who come here with opposing points of view with respect, and dignity, even when what they have done has angered or hurt. Rarely have I not posted a comment that was left, and those few are usually nasty, and anonymous, or downright slanderous. On a couple of occasions, even some of those types have been posted with my response.

While you don't 'know' me, personally, I have at times, in the past, followed you on sites, FauxClaud, as I read other's blogs. And in the past, I had been on a few adoption search groups with you (and some of the others in that MSN group) under my own name.

I have written many times (here and in those adoption search groups/chat rooms) about my children--all 3 of them--by adoption, and by birth. You will find that I have never spoken badly of their parents, or any other birth parents. I have the utmost respect for, and empathy for those who have been separated from their children.

I have not even spoken badly of my second child's birthmother, who has still not responded (after over 6 years) to a single card or letter that included pictures of her 2 daughters and her grandchildren.

I also want open adoption records (especially when the 'child' becomes an adult)--it angers me that there is a financial charge for them to learn their Medical history and their roots, and that it is so very difficult for any adoptee to have that background information that any other human being can find by doing a genealogical search--UNLESS they are adoptees.

I would like to extend a hand of friendship to you, and I do accept your apology. It took a lot of integrity to come here.

God bless, FauxClaud! Peace!

Monday, January 12, 2009 at 12:58:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home