Friday, December 09, 2005

Narnia, Good, but not LOTR

My granddaughter sat hugging her Mom til near the end, glued to the screen, and finished the movie standing, hugging the chair ahead of her (empty) and GLUED to the screen. My grandson, 9, sat hugging me, talking, being shushed, trying to figure things out ahead of time, and was WOWED by the movie.

My daughter and I were remembering years ago, when she read the books, and before that, when I read them to them....

We enjoyed the movie. We will get the DVD. We will wait to see if they make the others... but though we liked it, it was no Lord of the Rings....

2 Comments:

Blogger BlondeBlogger said...

Was the movie scary or violent? Do you think it would be appropriate for my 5-year-old? (Or even for me for that matter, lol...I am easily disturbed by violent or strange scenes).

Hugs,
Dawn

Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 5:02:00 PM CST  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

War scenes, yes, but not graphic. My grand daughter was just five years old, and she was glued, not scared at all. Nothing at all like LOTR or Passion, as far as violence.

I can't compare it to another film as I don't watch a lot, so that would not be much help, either. You don't actually SEE Aslan killed, but you know it happened, for instance.

Monday, December 12, 2005 at 12:09:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home