Friday, December 09, 2005

Narnia

Tonight, my oldest, my grandson, my granddaughter and I are going to see The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. A story I read to my children when they were little. Cartoons that they watched, and BBC movies that they watched. We loved them, as well as The Hobbit.

I just got the tickets so that we don't have to wait. I am sure it is not because the theatre will be sold out, but I do hope that there are many who come. I love the story, and hope that the movie will awaken many to the books, as the Lord of the Rings Trilogy did to Tolkien's books.

It has been so long since I read them, that occasionally I have to think hard about the story in order to remember details. I am sure that I will be reminded of many as the movie progresses. I am equally certain that I will be one of those who will buy a DVD when they are released. And just as LOTR opened the reading doors for my nine year old grandson this past summer as he struggled to get through one of the books, it may easily turn him to reading C S Lewis.

Sometimes, I find myself feeling just a tad like a kid again when I find movies like these coming out, and can honestly say... "I can't WAIT!"

God bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home