Friday, November 11, 2005

Remembering Again

Last year, I wrote a remembrance that I hope some will return to this year for Veteran's Day. And this year, I need to add my nephew is just returning from overseas duty aboard the USS Mahan.

Thank you, Greg.

And another who has been serving as Navy Chaplain in Afghanistan, Fr Daniel Mode, former pastor of Queen of Apostles in Alexandria, VA, my sister's parish. Fr Mode is author of the book about Fr Vincent Capodanno entitled "The Grunt Padre" who died during his second tour of duty in Vietnam ministering to his 'Grunts' in spite of having been injured twice before on the same day, a Medal of Honor presented posthumously.

Thank you, Fr Dan Mode and all chaplains who also serve and risk their lives for their country and for the men and women they serve. God bless all of you!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home