Friday, September 09, 2005

Quo Vadis, America

Tonight, I was given a head's up from Donna about Peggy Noonan being on Raymond Arroyo's The World Over just in the nick of time to turn the channel and watch. As the program ended, one of my favorites of all time, Archbishop Fulton Sheen, came on in one program of the series EWTN has running.

He was speaking back then on the topic ( Quo Vadis America) Where Are You Going, America... and he could just as easily have been speaking to us today. Though this series was done in 1964, today some of the things he spoke of on today's segment are even more evident, more blatant, if you will.


I want to find the Quo Vadis America series he made in 1964. What he said on tonight's program could EASILY be said today, for it is even more prominent today. Revolution... which way are we going... to freedom or toward the opposite.

I could not begin to try to tell anyone what he said, which is why I want to find that series. I need to listen several times, OR have it in hard copy to read and absorb. But that talk was EXCELLENT.


IN MY SEARCH, I found a site that has some of his talks ONLINE, and I am currently listening to the one entitled Marriage Problems. IT IS FANTASTIC! And... it is in line with the sermon from the priest of St Mary's in Alexandria VA that I got the other day... WOW.. If you have Real Player, you can hear this . I really recommend it.

God bless!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear WICatholic,

I have a Bishop Sheen series on video tape called "What Now America?". I bought them from St. Joseph's Communication (I think) catalog. I can send this to you free of charge. God Bless
www.quovadisamerica.com

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 at 7:06:00 PM CDT  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

I would love to see it, but.. I have no idea who I am speaking to, so hesitate strongly in giving out any information.

God bless!

Thursday, September 4, 2008 at 7:11:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home