Friday, September 09, 2005

Getting to know me....

Quite awhile ago, WriteWingNut challenged me to fill this out... it took forever.

7 things I plan to do before I die:
1) Go to Ireland
2) Go to Australia and New Zealand for a couple of months (yeah, when I am finally rich and famous)
3) Finish my Bachelor's Degree
4) See the day that an RDH can treat the poor with and help them have good oral care!!
5) When that day comes, have my own traveling 'operatory' or a place to work somewhere near, or portable equipment to go into schools and homes to reach those who cannot get into a dentist's office due to being on Medicare/Medicaid!!
6) Attend my grandkids' weddings
7) Continue to do something different each year.

7 things I can do:

1) Talk
2) Hug my kids and grandkids and anyone who needs one
3) Nursing and Dental Hygiene.
4) Read
5) Get on a plane and not grab the next person's arm and squeeze bloody murder
6) Cook and make good soups
7) Find my way to places I want to go alone, if I have to

7 things I cannot do:

1) Give up chocolate: bake (well, I can, but HATE it)
2) Run or play any sport that requires it
3) Fix anything mechanical
4) Add in my head anything bigger than single numbers
5) GEOMETRY (never got that class)
6) Sing well
7) Any Irish dance


7 things that attract me to the opposite sex:

1) Strong faith as well as practicing it
2) Honesty, Fidelity and Loyalty
3) Generosity
4) Interest in those who have less and willingness to do for others, but also for family
5) Someone who reads and likes to learn,
6) Likes to travel and see historical places
7) Dances and can lead well when dancing (cuz I can't...)



7 things I say most often:

1) Drive carefully!
2) Uhmmmm...
3) I don't know, but I will find out
4) Oh, I don't knooowww.... I suppose.
5) We'll see.......... (at least my kids say I always said that)
6) Someday when I am rich and famous.....
7) What?


7 celebrity crushes:
I don't really have 'crushes' on anyone, but I like and respect many for a lot of reasons.....

1) Mel Gibson
2) Harrison Ford (well, less since he left his wife)
3) Charleton Heston
4) A guy who has been faithfully married to his wife til death parts them (George Burns, Bob Hope, Paul Newman, etc)
5) Bill Bixby (Eddie's Father show... he was cute...lol)
6) St Thomas More (he had GUTS), Padre Pio, Archbishop Sheen, JPII, Ronald Reagan
7) Art Linkletter, Efrem Zimbalist, Jr

7 people I want to do this:

Oh, man... now I have to think.... a couple of my friends who don't blog... a classmate,
a dentist I worked with, but won't ask .... maybe my kids and their spouses, but they won't do it...lol

2 Comments:

Blogger BlondeBlogger said...

Loved this! Padre Pio is my "buddy." I was holding a first class relic with blood from his stigmata on it when I was undergoing a final medical test to figure out what was wrong with me (I had been deathly sick for eight months and no one could figure out why).

It was that test that finally showed all my illness and weight loss had been due to my gallbladder. (you'd think that'd be pretty easy for them to figure out, but it took eight months and four different doctors before they did, duh!).

I really felt like Padre Pio was there holding my hand and praying to our Lord for me that day and I'll never forget it.

Friday, September 9, 2005 at 12:33:00 PM CDT  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

Wow, what a blessing!

If you have ever read the promise he has made, you will love him even more!

"I will love my spiritual children as much as my own soul and even more."

"Once I take a soul on, I also take on their entire family as my Spiritual Children." (hey... he took YOU on when you got well... he has your whole family adopted ... your WHOLE family!)

"If one of my spiritual children goes astray, I shall leave my flock and seek him out."

On the website, it also says...
Padre Pio's most ardent desire was to welcome all of America into his "spiritual family." He promised to "wait outside the "Gates of Heaven" until all his spiritual children are safely inside.

I won't go into details online, but he went after my son and had a dramatic answer to prayer in three weeks....

I should have also added Venerable Matt Talbot to my list.... and St Francis of Assisi.

I am going to end before I make this a book in itself...lol! I did not make it to bed before, and I am really going to have to go now...

Friday, September 9, 2005 at 2:29:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home