Friday, September 09, 2005

Another 'soul mate' story... another broken vow.

Ok, this past week, I got news of another marriage 'suddenly' ending when the wife emptied the bank accounts (she left him $2.00.. that is NOT two HUNDRED... it is two dollars!!) and a note saying she had gone to her mother's . When she did not come home when she said she would be home, he called mother's... and learned that she was not there.

A few more things have turned up now. Her mother knew what was going on, and aided her daughter to go to meet her 'soul mate' that she had met online. All charge cards were maxed out, and some of the money has gone to start a new business for her new life..... obviously planned out ahead of time, as you look at the speed with which this has all been done.

And he is left to pick up the pieces of his life...........was suicidal and needs lots of prayers.

Don't ask me for his name. God knows who this is, but I cannot divulge that personal information.

This is NOT the first time I have been told this kind of thing, and sadly, it won't be the last. She met him ONLINE and 'fell in love'...and now has broken her wedding vows.

Another woman I have recently 'met' has written to one of the High School reunion websites telling them what she thinks of their 'services' after HER spouse 'found' or 'was found' by an old flame. SHE also did not get any advance warning. Just one day, gone.

Now, the children of the two families are children of adultery, divorce and a second marriage, with two very hurt 'former' or 'ex' spouses.

Though the internet can do much good, it can also do much evil....



Our vows:
The groom says:I (...), take you (...) to be my wife.
I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad,
in sickness and in health.
I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.

The bride says:I (...), take you (...) to be my husband.
I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad,
in sickness and in health.
I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.


"Right is still right if nobody is right,
and wrong is still wrong if everybody is wrong,"
Archbishop Fulton J Sheen author of
The Life of Christ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home