Tuesday, August 09, 2005

A GOOD EXAMPLE of Standing by her Man

When you speak of someone who has chosen to live the wedding vows (unlike some that we have discussed here)... one must remember Dana Reeves.

When Christopher first had his accident while horseback riding, and was paralyzed, as well as on a REAL example of life support (the respirator/ventilator), he hit a point where he was not sure he wanted to continue to live. His mother was all for turning off the respirator. Had she been his guardian, he would not have survived to do what he accomplished in those remaining years.

Dana, however, asked him to wait. They agreed that he would wait... I believe it was a year, but it has been awhile since I read his book. Dana stood by him all those years, helping him to receive every bit of therapy that could be found to keep his muscles limber, and 'ready' in case he ever DID get a chance to walk again...(unlike someone else we have discussed here who refused ALL forms of therapy, including a simple rolled washcloth in the hands to prevent contractures..... ) He saw how much his kids needed him, regardless of any disability.

Today, it has been announced that Dana has another battle to fight, one that is hers, but she is now alone. According to Fox News this AM, Dana now is being treated for Lung Cancer, and she never smoked.

Dana lost her mother to ovarian cancer earlier this year, and Christopher last October. They have a 12 year old son together, and Christopher had a son and daughter from a previous relationship.

Will needs his mother.

We need to pray.


The groom says:I (...), take you (...) to be my wife.
I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad,
in sickness and in health.
I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.

The bride says:I (...), take you (...) to be my husband.
I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad,
in sickness and in health.
I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.


"Right is still right if nobody is right,
and wrong is still wrong if everybody is wrong,"
Archbishop Fulton J Sheen author of The Life of Christ

2 Comments:

Blogger BlondeBlogger said...

This is so weird, because after I heard about Peter Jennings death from lung cancer yesterday, my mom and I talked on the phone about my uncle's death from the same disease.

She said that she'd heard more and more women are coming down with lung cancer, even more than with breast cancer, and that the majority of them never even smoked.

That is very, very scary. You wonder if it's the environment or what the cause could possibly be.

This story just broke my heart. Their poor child. God bless them all.

Tuesday, August 9, 2005 at 3:24:00 PM CDT  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

I thought the same thing about their son, Will..

Tuesday, August 9, 2005 at 6:12:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home