Friday, August 05, 2005

He Never Promised us a Rose Garden....

Sometimes I catch bits and pieces of programs on the radio when I am either on my way home or to work. I listen to various talk programs, depending on the shift and time of day/night I am driving.

The other day, Sally Robb of Relevant Radios' Morning Air program was doing one of her 'reflections' online. I did not catch the entire reflection, and really do wish that Relevant Radio had a way to let us listen to programs online later in the day, not just what is on the radio 'live' at the moment... (they do repeat the main programs later, but if one is working, one cannot listen ..)

Sally was speaking of an unhappy marital situation due to the husband's 'distance', and the advice of others about how the woman in the story deserved to be happy, to be fulfilled, etc. We have all heard the advice given, I am sure. Perhaps, at some time, we gave the same advice ourselves....

Sally ended the segment with a statement that I really wish I could quote directly...
She said that instead of the advice the woman was getting that would get rid of the problem and allow her to be 'fulfilled', 'happy', etc... what she really needed was someone to advise her to do what was ... right.

Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home