Monday, January 11, 2010

Woman Speaks the Truth

Listen to this video, and then read this article:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-01-11/in-defense-of-tea-parties/full/

I'd add... take care of the 'pre-existing condition' discrimination in insurances to her list.

I am ANGERED by those elites who try to paint us as stupid, and as followers who have no brains to THINK FOR OURSELVES!

I am NOT a male. I am NOT Southern. I am NOT uneducated. I do NOT hold a degree from the 'elite' colleges, but I am educated far beyond High School Level, and I am also SELF-EDUCATED.

I know that I could support laws that were truly doing something abut the 'problem', but it would NOT require 1700+ or 2000+ pages that require back room bribery, ... extortion, and deal making to pass! It would NOT take over 1/6 of our nation's economy. It would NOT cause me to pay for things that are abhorent to my conscience, nor would it cause me to fear for the future of the disabled, elderly, etc.

I could easily support TORT reform. I could EASILY support opening competition among insurance companies by allowing purchasers to cross State boundaries in search of better coverage for lower prices. I coudl EASILY support making it illegal to discriminate by using 'pre-existing conditions' to refuse or drop anyone from insurance coverage.

It would NOT take any shenanigans to make these changes.

This woman is NOT stupid. She is NOT a 'redneck'. She is NOT what so many would have you THINK are US citizens who attend Tea Party townhouse meetings are. She is NOT a 'tea-bagger', whatever that derogatory term may mean. She is a US CITIZEN like I am, who does deserve respect, and DOES deserve to be heard! NOT MOCKED... NOT marginalized... NOT ... ignored!

Should they continue to do this to us, there WILL be a backlash, as the PEOPLE who normally do NOT speak up or out, will continue to do so, and more and more will begin to be angered by the minimalization and castigation that has been occuring.

I am angered when the 'elitie' begin to try to paint me as a person who does not know anything, and should therefore SIT DOWN and SHUT UP while they RUIN my country!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home