Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Wedding Rings




Our vows:
The groom says:I (...), take you (...) to be my wife.

I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health.
I will love you and honor you
all the days of my life.

The bride says:
I (...), take you (...) to be my husband.

I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad,
in sickness and in health.
I will love you and honor you
all the days of my life.


"So when you make a promise (or a VOW) to God,
don't delay in following through, for God takes no pleasure in fools.
Keep all the promises you make to him.
It is better to say nothing than to promise
something that you don't follow through on.
In such cases, your mouth is making you sin.
And don't defend yourself by telling the Temple messenger that the
promise you made was a mistake.
That would make God angry, and he might wipe out everything you have achieved."
~~ Ecclesiastes 5:4-6 New Living Translation



I have no idea where video this came from.
I believe it was sent to me in an email long ago.
But it is good.

God bless!






"Divorce tears marriage apart.
It desolates both husband and wife.
It leaves the children not only in tears but also in misery.
We do not deny that there can be serious disagreement between husband and wife,
but divorce is not the solution.
When husband and wife have a disagreement,
they should reflect, pray, sit together and discuss.
Accept fault where you are wrong,
ask for pardon,
or consult a priest or other spiritual adviser,
but do not divorce."
~~Francis Cardinal Arinze


Read 1Cor 7:10-15, along with Jesus' (red ink) words in
Matt 5:31-32, Matt 19, Mark 10 and Luke 16:18,
and then read Malachi 2:14-16.
And finally, read Elizabeth Marquardt's book "Between Two Worlds".
Marriage is til death parts the couple, not divorce.



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is really cool. Thanks for posting.

Meg

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 at 8:24:00 PM CDT  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

You are welcome, Meg!

God bless!

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 at 8:29:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Chelsea said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 10:01:00 AM CDT  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

Chelsea,

Your comment does not seem to fit, and seems to be more of a pointing to a certain website? If I am mistaken, and you let me know, I will repost your comment.

My 'beautiful words' speak against divorce, for indissolubility of marriage, so your comment may really be different than the way I have read it.

God bless!

Monday, April 27, 2009 at 1:19:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Chelsea said...

I meant only that your words spoke to me and I would like to have them read at my own wedding, or worked into the ceremony somehow. Thank you.

Thursday, May 7, 2009 at 5:21:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home