Friday, February 20, 2009

Have a wonderfully blessed and happy Birthday, Megan!


Happy Birthday to my daughter, Megan!

I won't tell your age, since you are four years older than your little brother.

I always loved the story of Little Women, and really liked the name "Meg" (one of the characters), so when we were naming you, I wanted that name. I knew my family would change Margaret into Maggie or Peggy, or even Margie, but not 'Meg'.

So I found Megan, and thought PERFECT!

So Mom turned you into MeGEE, as we called you Meggie when you were little. But, somewhere along the line, in the early days of school, my little 'formal' daughter announced to me one day that her name was NOT Meg, it was MEGAN.....

Smile. Megan it is (usually, but mothers have certain privileges, one of which is 'forgetting'. So, I still very often call you my favorite name from Little Women... Meg).







I was looking to find your patron Saint, and LOOK what I found! St Margaret Ward has an interesting story, and was a martyr for the Faith.

And of course, your main one is Mary herself, as I promised that if the baby we were waiting for was another girl, that child would have her name.



Name Gender Origin Meaning Similiar Names
Megan female Greek, Gaelic, Welsh mighty, strong, able, pearl Meggy, Meghan, Meagan, Megann, Meggy, Meggie, Meg, Megs


Have a wonderfully happy day, Megan Mary! And many more!

God bless you!

Love,

Mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home