Tuesday, February 17, 2009

12-year-old speaks out on the issue of abortion

Compelling.

My own daughter, in 8th grade also impressed her teacher with her defense of life in debate. She was left to think about the "hard cases" for the next day's discussion, and was not sure how she felt about "rape and incest". She had nearly been convinced by her classmates' opposing views.

Adoption entered her final decision when I asked her one question.

"What if, in opening her records some day as an adult, she would learn that SHE was conceived as a result of rape or incest?" She paused, thought about it, and made her decision, saying "I never thought about that!"

The next day, she told her classmates that if her mother had felt the way that some were arguing, they would never have met HER. She proceeded to tell them that she is an adopted child. She told them she had no idea how she was conceived, but she did know that she was VERY glad that her mother had chosen LIFE.

Her teacher called me later to tell me how proud I would have been of Erin's defense, and how compelling her argument had been in the debate.

Erin and I have been able to meet and tell Karen "Thank you". Erin was able to return to her birthmother's arms in a huge hug at age 26. Karen has met and knows her grandchildren. So has Roger, her birthfather.

My second daughter has written to her birthmother, Liz. She has also sent pictures of her boys, and soon will once again update those pictures with one of the newest addition to our family, my sixth grandchild. Liz's third....

None of those six children would be here today had Karen and Liz opted not to choose LIFE for their daughters, and in my heart, I sometimes wonder if my son would be, either, for Erin and Megan together, every night for a long time, prayed for a 'baby in Mom's tummy'. The miracle of this is that during the 24 hour period of May 26, 1981, ONE child was conceived according to temp charting, and two other daughters were born to Karen and Liz....

An aborted child can never say "I forgive you!"
An aborted child can never return to hold a birth parent in his/her arms and say "I love you, Mom, Thanks for choosing LIFE!"


Horton said "A person's a person no matter how small!"

Choose Life. It is precious.

God bless!



2 Comments:

Blogger The Libertarian said...

Ummm, so my only problem with this isn't the girl or her school project. It's that this young girl gets it, but our president doesn't, our congressmen and women don't, an overwhelming amount of people in this country don't get it. A person is a person no matter how small, she got it right on the head. Thank you Dr Seuss!

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 9:37:00 AM CST  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

Amen!

God bless!

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 11:04:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home