Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Adultery destroys....

Then we have another case that is even harder to face, and is much more of my concern, my pain.

A father who chooses to

  • drink and use drugs,
  • leaves their family in a desperate financial situation because of his having 'lost the check, the wallet'... whatever...
  • cheat on his wife, lies to her, to their friends, to his family about it, and
  • moves out a couple of times (telling friends that wife knows about where he is moving to while telling wife he is staying with a friend, implying male, sleeping on his couch, getting storage space for his things, etc).

Wife finds out he is cheating, THEN finds out that no one told her because they thought she knew and was ok with it? Twice!

Cool.

And I am left with deciding when I am going to speak Truth to this young man--in a 'loving way'--when I never see him. Lucky him!

  1. All I want to do is ask him a question... You told me once that you treat her like a Queen. Is this what you meant??
  2. All I want to say is that I am very disappointed in his choices, as I saw how badly he had been hurt by his parents' choices, how badly my children had been hurt by their father's choices...and how horribly his children are being hurt by HIS choices.

Sin is rampant. Sin spreads. Adultery is Sin, people!

Addiction to alcohol and other drugs, and to gambling or sex kills families. It leaves them devastated, but that devastation can be overcome by Sobriety, and living the 12 Steps. ( Shades of many of our ancestors' very Irish background!!! )

Adultery destroys trust on a level that NOTHING else, including any addiction, does. It is a very difficult thing to overcome.


Perhaps he is treating his wife as a Queen... Henry VIII was a jerk, too.


--
"Divorce tears marriage apart. It desolates both husband and wife. It leaves the children not only in tears but also in misery. We do not deny that there can be serious disagreement between husband and wife, but divorce is not the solution. When husband and wife have a disagreement, they should reflect, pray, sit together and discuss. Accept fault where you are wrong, ask for pardon, or consult a priest or other spiritual adviser, but do not divorce."
~~Francis Cardinal Arinze

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear WI,

Please don't use small black print. It does not contrast enough with your background and my middle-aged eyes can't read it. It has been awhile since I dropped in here. Just wanted to say hi.

Adultery has no sting except to its victims, because the parties to it have disregarded the humanity of those they are punishing and have rationalized its justification.

When no governmental protection AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, when no clerical protection or correction, other than empty theoretical, RARE MENTIONS, are the rule, the cancer metastasizes.

WI, once again the Pope spoke of the "annulment problem" in his yearly address to the Rota, but very few of the "Catholic bloggers" ran with it, as they are wholly behind adultery, divorce and all that it means and they are little different than our "pro-death" Catholic politicians are with respect to the unborn.

More empty talk from Rome. Without sanctions, the Pope knows full well he can "appear" to hold the "moral line" without being held to account as his tribunal system dismantles marriages and raises adultery to a Sacrament.

He is leaving us to be savaged by his brother clerics, our self-indulgent spouses and the large majority of society that approves of the "move on" attitude of personal irresponsibility, except with respect to the VICTIMS.

I do not see how the Church can moan about "embryonic stem cell research", which is experimenting on living humans, when it takes NO STAND, CANONICALLY, against the experimenting that has been going on for almost three generations with human beings who are divorced against their will and then subjected, against their will, to Church Tribunals.

Please do not misread me to be in support of the barbarism of the human experimentation that our new president is about to approve! I just do not see how one can be a big deal with the Church when the other is not. These are ALL LIFE ISSUES.

UNJUST DIVORCE IS JUST AS WRONG AS ABORTION!


Karl

Sunday, February 15, 2009 at 6:52:00 PM CST  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

Hi, Karl!

I am so far behind on my reading of Zenit, and other Catholic news (I get many sent to me directly so I can keep up! Yeah, right!) I have not yet read the ones about the Pope's address to the Rota. Normally, it is one I WAIT for yearly. I'll have to get to it soon. Just so much going on right now.

I agree with nearly all you have said, as usual, Karl. They (Roe v Wade, etc and 'no fault divorce') came into existence in the same year, 1973. Yes, they are equally 'abortive' and equally evil, and equally from the same source.

I'll get to the Rotal address this week. I'll make it a priority.

Black? I'll check my website. Not sure where (sometimes when I email my blog entry, it comes out weird)

God bless!

Sunday, February 15, 2009 at 7:33:00 PM CST  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

Ah, I found it. Thank you!

Sunday, February 15, 2009 at 7:36:00 PM CST  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

Ok, Karl,

I fixed it, but there are two sections that did not 'take' the color change. If you highlight those two sections, they turn 'white', but they also stand out. I was going to try to change them, but don't have the time tonight, and think that perhaps it will 'work' to make those few who read... notice.

Hah!

God bless!

Sunday, February 15, 2009 at 7:42:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home