Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Evening with Paul, the Regular Guy

I've been doing a lot of reading at Paul's Blog tonight. There are several topics he has written on that I'll mention in one blog.

First, I was remiss in not marking Memorial Day this year, and realized that when I saw this video while visiting him... Thoughts of a Regular Guy: Enjoy Your Memorial Day



Then, he has many really good videos on NFP with ABC that are thought provokers from Eskyguard on youtube. There are seven of them, and they are all very good. Simple, and easily understood.

Finally, I found a new blog, though how I never heard of Chelsea before, I will never understand, because I do read Paul's blog when I get a chance to catch up. But I very highly recommend that you also get to know her! (And I am in good company, because Archbishop Burke recommends her as well, as does Paul Thoughts of a Regular Guy).

Chelsea writes Reflections of a Paralytic, and the first piece I read at her site is this one. VERY good! Writing on a pro-embryonic stem cell film that is clearly propaganda-oriented, she adds her own thoughts:

"Speaking as a person who lives with one of these “devastating” disabilities, I can say with confidence that, though I would love to be able to walk again and to see the sufferings of others diminished, I could never accept the harvesting of another human life for some small, or even great, human comfort. There are worse things in this world than suffering and living with a disability."

God bless you, Chelsea!

And then.... I hit the one that has struck me so much that I am going to put it into a separate blog following this one. Well, actually, there are two others!

God bless you all... and thank you, Paul!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sir Galen of Bristol said...

Thanks for coming by!

Hey, where in WI are you? Perhaps we should really have an evening sometime!

Friday, June 13, 2008 at 10:50:00 AM CDT  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

LOLOL

Near Green Bay, Appleton, Oshkosh area.

Sometimes bloggers do get together in groups, I have heard.

God bless, Paul!

Friday, June 13, 2008 at 12:24:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home