Tuesday, June 24, 2008

BXVI says Divorce, abortion leave open wounds

Not too long ago, I got the latest issue of The Catholic World Report (June 2008) in my mailbox. I got to page 8, and the very top headline was:

Divorce, abortion leave "open wounds" Pope speaks to Conference on Marriage

He said a mouthful. I was waiting to see if I could find that story on the CWR website, but it has not appeared. I had found what the Pope had said on either Fr Euteneuer's or Fr Pavone's website, though. I lost that link now.

IF ANYONE HAS A TRANSCRIPT OF HIS WORDS, please let me know where I can find them!!

Some would have us believe that Divorce is not a Sin. The Catechism calls it a grave offense.

Pope BXVI said:

Divorce and abortion are not only grave sins that offend God, the Pontiff said. "They leave wounds that mark life indelibly."

Catholic World News : Divorce, abortion leave "open wounds," Pope ...

Apr 9, 2008 ... Divorce, abortion leave "open wounds," Pope warns ... Divorce and abortion "involve a profound injustice," Pope Benedict XVI

ZENIT - Benedict XVI: Divorce and Abortion Leave Wounds

Apr 6, 2008 ... Benedict XVI: Divorce and Abortion Leave Wounds ... “If you have not already done so, open yourselves with humility and confidence to ...

Pope Benedict XVI: The Gospel Of Life Is Also The Gospel Of Mercy

“The Church’s ethical judgement concerning abortion and divorce is clear and ... have the open wound in their soul!” said Benedict XVI talking of abortion. ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home