Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My Sincere Condolences to Fr Daniel Mode

I opened my email not long ago, and found one from my sister that was sent earlier today with a letter from Fr Mode about the death of his mother, Claire.

Fr Daniel Mode was my sister's pastor at Queen of Apostles when I met him and bought his book for myself and my mom, and he graciously autographed them for us. He has since then been called to active service as a Naval Chaplain, first to Afghanistan, and currently on the
USS Truman. (I am NOT sure how long this tour is for, but think that it may only be until June, 2008).

I am not certain that his letter was meant for publication, so I am not posting it here. In it, he included email addresses for himself and his brother and the following request:

MESSAGES OF CONDOLENCE

Sent to:

LCDR Daniel L. Mode

CRMD

USS TRUMAN (CVN 75)

FPO AE 09524


IN LIEU OF FLOWERS

Donations may be made to:


The Father Capodanno Cause

Archdiocese of the Military

5203 Pumphrey Dr

Fairfax, VA 22032

OR ONLINE HERE:

http://tinyurl.com/26fqp5OR

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home