Thursday, October 18, 2007

Update on Leah -- " Answered Prayers " says Mother, Tara

From Grace M comes THIS update on Baby Leah.... it is benign! Though she has a road to travel ahead of her, this is good news.
Please continue to pray, and I will continue to update as they send the information!

God bless!

Grace M wrote:
Praise God!

----Original message----

Dear Friends, 

I cannot thank you all enough for the prayers you have sent our way. From my understanding,
on one prayer chain alone, Leah's name reached some churches in Minnesota. You all have been absolutely amazing,
and I know that I could not have made it through this without your encouraging words of support and
your constant prayers. There were times that I was feeling really overwhelmed,
and I would get an email that would help me keep things in perspective -- and some of these emails
came from people I haven't even met! As one of you wrote to me this morning,
God doesn't give you more than you can handle, and it proves true in this case.

Leah has what they are calling a Giant Cell Granuloma -- it a benign growth, and it is not even a tumor.
It is inflammoratory (sp?) tissue that has gone a little crazy. As far as treatment is concerned,
they are looking at some possibilities of drugs to give her that will help stop the growth
(I must admit I wasn't very happy with the drug options - one is a strong chemotherapy drug,
so we will need to discuss that further before I'm willing to proceed). Ultimately, surgery will be in her future.
They want to stop the growth of the cells, give Leah a chance to grow bigger, and then have the surgery
(so it is not as dangerous). The surgeon was very optimistic with the diagnosis, surgery, and outcome.
There are of course some risks, and we are hoping that everyone will continue to pray for her
over the next couple of weeks. When we know the surgery date (and it could be months away),
I would like to contact everyone again, so we can continue the prayer chains,
so she can fully recovery without any complications.

As far as her diagnosis, the doctor did share with me that it is extremely rare,
and there are no known cases of this ever happening to a baby this young.
I believe Miss Leah will become famous in the medical books before she even turns ONE!

Words cannot express my gratitude to everyone for their prayers, so a simple thank you will have to do.
Prayers do help.

God Bless,
Tara


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home