Sunday, October 14, 2007

Fr. Capodanno's Brother Remembers

I neglected this year to honor Fr Vincent Capodanno as I have in the past.

I thought about him on Sept. 4th, and thought about writing something, but then got into doing something else. In the end, the date passed.

Today, I was looking at other things and found a note for me that there was a new video about him. It is an interview with his surviving brother. He said that he still misses his brother after forty years.

It is worth the six minutes plus to watch this emotional video.

Fr Vincent Capodanno is the subject of a book by another military chaplain, Fr Dan Mode, The Grunt Padre. He died Sept 4, 1967 while ministering in the field to the men he served, having sustained his own third injury of the day, with 26 shots up and down his back as he was with another injured man. He is the Recipient of the Congressional Medal of Honor, awarded posthumously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home