Friday, October 12, 2007

My niece needs your Prayers, please.

My sister came over to Mom's while I was there, and was crying. My niece, Julie, was in a car accident last night, broadsided by someone who went through a stop sign. She is ok, but her baby did not survive.

Julie was seven months pregnant (did not know if it was a girl or boy, but was apparently supposed to learn that today.) She lost her baby.

Julie has been kept sedated because she is hysterical when not. MB could not get a lot out of her, and MB herself is not one to remain calm in this kind of situation. This was MB's second grand child, and Julie's first child.

Please keep Julie and Dave in prayer.

Julie is close to my son. Their babies were due within two weeks of each other.

EACH time Julie and Dave have any contact with Kev and Katie in the future, there will be a very visual reminder of their own baby... I cannot imagine the pain.

They live in out of state, so are not close to her family, either, which does not help either Julie OR my sister right now, I am sure.

Thank you!

God Bless!



6 Comments:

Blogger Jean Heimann said...

How painful this must be for them and for all the family!

I'm lifting them up in prayer and will also put them on my Community prayer line.

May our Blessed Mother wrap them in her holy mantle and fill their hearts with peace.

God bless,
Jean

Saturday, October 13, 2007 at 6:19:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Christina Dunigan said...

Prayers.

Does she at least live in a state where the perp will be held accountable? Or will the state take a "Suck it up and get on with your life. You only lost an imaginary, potential baby" attitude?

Saturday, October 13, 2007 at 8:10:00 AM CDT  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

Thank you, Jean!
I can think of few things more painful than losing your child, and I have seen and experienced many painful events.

Who would understand that more than His Mother? She watched her only Son as He died for all of us...

God Bless!

Saturday, October 13, 2007 at 2:40:00 PM CDT  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

GrannyGrump

They live in Kansas, so I don't know how this will be handled. I also don't know the details of the accident yet. (Was the driver of the other vehicle drinking, have a heart attack, etc?) I don't even know who else was in her vehicle, if she was driving or passenger.

I thank you for your prayers, and for your visit!

God bless!

Saturday, October 13, 2007 at 2:50:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so very sorry to learn of this.

I will pray especially for the family, tomorrow at Mass.

God Bless you.

Saturday, October 13, 2007 at 3:52:00 PM CDT  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

Thank you, so much, ukok!

God bless!

Saturday, October 13, 2007 at 4:20:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home