Monday, August 06, 2007

Haylie Mackenna--already a camera ham at 20 wks


Today was the day that my son and his wife 'met' their daughter, Haylie Mackenna. They had their ultrasound, and their daughter was VERY cooperative, including a wave to her Mommy and Daddy~ see below.....

I am not sure you can see it, but in the first one, my son says it looks like she is 'smirking', and indeed, there is a very tiny smile. They were THRILLED to learn that our hospital has 4D ultrasounds!

She is just twenty weeks old, and was VERY active, even playing with her umbilical cord... well.. there really isn't much to entertain her in utero, now, is there? lol

Oh... according to my son... Mackenna is Irish (Celtic, Gaelic), meaning daughter of a handsome man... wonder who picked it out? My son, probably... whose name also can mean 'Handsome man' according to his information ( Gentle, Noble one according to all of mine... ) Don't ask ME where he got that info, as Mackenna does not say daughter of handsome man in my source... LOL

But he is VERY PROUD Daddy, and plans to follow in his Father in law's footsteps... and learn how to clean guns before Haylie Mackenna gets to the age where the boys come calling...

"Do you hunt, Kev?"

"Uhm, no..."...

"Well I DO!" (said as future fil cocks the gun...one of several he just 'happened to be cleaning' the day he met my son for the first time--showing he meant business... LOL)

Proud Daddy said that he is also going to have Haylie Mackenna learn self defense... like Tae Kwan Do, or Karate....


Haylie's Mommy is just glowing, looking at her 'petite' daughter... and she asked me if I could guess who cried during the ultrasound... no doubt in my mind... it was my son. I knew he would... Gentle, Noble One...

There will be a repeat ultrasound on Oct 5th, and THIS one, Grandmas can attend.

Haylie Mackenna, stay well, grow well, and I cannot wait to truly meet you!

God bless!


Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home