Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Chapel’s tabernacle stolen in Shenandoah

There are inaccuracies in the writing of the article, but the story is still very sad. To think that someone would take anything from a Church is bad enough, but to think of what the person may have done with the Consecrated Hosts, Jesus Christ, Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity makes it even worse...


12/03/2006


Chapel’s tabernacle stolen in Shenandoah
BY MARIA HERNE
STAFF WRITER
mherne@republicanherald.com

SHENANDOAH — Borough police are investigating the theft of a tabernacle, which was stolen late Friday night or early Saturday morning from the Perpetual Adoration Chapel, 231 N. Jardin St., adjacent to St. Casimir Roman Catholic Church.

But the first story I read on this was from a site that a friend of mine gave me to read. She is in the Dominican Republic, working for one of the Bishops. She asked me if I had seen it. As I read the news story, I could understand the anger, the frustration, even the inaccuracies... but not the threat implied.

I am praying for both the thief, AND the parishioner....

God bless!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home