Saturday, December 30, 2006

Fwd: New comment on Missing N.C. twins found in Canada.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Anonymous noreply-comment@blogger.com;
Date: Dec 30, 2006 5:11 PM
Subject: [WI Catholic Musings] New comment on Missing N.C. twins found in Canada.

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post " Missing N.C. twins found in Canada ":

"What God hath joined, let no man put asunder." Doesn't this apply equally well to the relationship between parents and their offspring as to marriage? You're pretty harsh on Quets. Quets asked for her babies back 12 hours after they were originally taken. The prospective adoptive people refused to return them. Have you ever been pregnant and felt ill during your pregnancy? Did you have post-partum depression? Ever been separated from your own newborn for a few days - or a year - or more? No mother can know what this might be like until she has experienced it. As for the babies, even a puppy gets to stay with his mother for 8 weeks, to prevent the trauma that comes from separating mother and baby. Posted by Anonymous to WI Catholic Musings at 12/30/2006 5:11 PM


I knew someone would come and hide behind 'Anonymous' to make a snide comment. But they won't stay there.

So, 'Anonymous' ISP number 12.215.109.9 mchsi.com (Mediacom Communications Corp) from Marion, Iowa, who visited at Dec 30 2006 4:56:44 pm for JUST long enough to leave a comment that shows you did not really read and understand what I wrote, a grand total of 1 minute 47 seconds, I am answering you publically. (You really should read the disclaimer, and stick around to know WHO you are responding to before you pull the 'Anonymous' hit and run act. There is a very clear warning issued under the Adoption area on the left hand column, in addition to the disclaimer about emails sent to me...) that is found at the Visitors piece I wrote.

The Scriptural verse you quote out of context does NOT apply to children, in any way. It is specifically referring to Marriage.

God makes Two become ONE ONLY in Matrimony. We are not told to leave our parents and cleave only to our children.

Children are not ONE with us, they are separate in every way from Conception on. They only dwell in our womb for nine months in order to grow to be ready for birth, on their continuing journey of growth that ends only with Death.

Hard on her? ONLY for kidnapping. If you READ what I wrote, I clearly stated that I am not making any decision/opinion until after facts come out. I clearly pointed to Baby Richard's and Baby Jessica's cases as to why I would not make any definitive decisions. Thus far, there is no evidence that she changed her mind 12 hours after signing papers to terminate her parental rights, but as I CLEARLY said... if she changed her mind within the time allowed, then any adoption subsequent to that fact is jeopardized.

Note the history of the two cases I gave.

But you do NOT kidnap children, whether in divorce proceedings OR in this situation. She has probably now lost ANY chance she may have had to have been given her children back.

Children are NOT property. We do not own them. They are not chattel. Go back and read the last few paragraphs that I wrote.

My argument is against kidnapping children, NOT about the grief and depression a birth mother feels. My argument is against lying and playing games with people, NOT about who should or should not have custody of the babies. I am not in any position to know if the 12 hours you mention is truth or not.

But I DO know that taking kids out of the country by anyone under a custody agreement, and not returning them is against the law. How do I know that?

I lived it. For most of my childrens' lives, I had to follow custody agreements (including knowing that the other parent had been diagnosed by professionals as being in need of IN PATIENT treatment at a time when most places were doing out patient treatment for drugs and alcohol).

I lived it while I was at times threatened by the other parent that he would be 'getting custody of the kids'.

I lived it knowing that there were times when he'd had the oldest babysit at age six while he ran to the store for 'smokes' (beer). I lived it knowing that at times, he picked them up after drinking, because when I spoke to those in authority, including mediators, police, etc, I was told that I could NOT interfere with custody orders, and had no real 'proof' other than knowing the behavior that went with the drinking.

I watched OTHERs go through it! Friends of mine who never forgave each other, and used their children to hurt and get even with each other for most of their growing up years.

You do NOT kidnap children, for any reason, ever.

God bless.

It is not who is right, but what is right, that is of importance.
~~Thomas H. Huxley

"Right is still right if nobody is right,
and wrong is still wrong if everybody is wrong,"
Archbishop Fulton J Sheen author of The Life of Christ



Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home