Sunday, November 05, 2006

Mom Wants to Vote on Tuesday

I promised my mother that I will take her to vote on Tuesday.

Funny thing about Mom. For MANY years, she tried to tell us that NONE of us knew who she voted for.

We did.

She confirmed it for this election. She even laughed when I told her I already knew. That I had always known.

She wants to vote, and she wants to vote for her core values, her life-long beliefs, for the candidates that most closely match them. She did not want an absentee ballot (good thing, because when we talked about it, it was the last day to get one, and the office had already closed!).

So I am going to take my mother to the Municipal Center to vote on Tuesday. I know she knows who she wants to vote for right now. I am NOT sure she will be able to do it alone on Tuesday, but I think she can. She reads well with understanding.

She used to work at the polls. For many years, she was one of those who took your name, checked it off, etc. But I never asked her if anyone can assist you if you need help to place the vote. We will find out this Tuesday.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home