Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Senator Kerry, I have less respect for you every time you open your mouth...

On my way home tonight from work, I had the radio on, and heard only (no comments at that time, because I was switching stations) Kerry's comments, and I was outraged.

As I listened further (he caught my attention, obviously), I grew more angry, because I also heard justification of what he had said, blaming everyone but himself, and trying very hard to turn HIS words into a slam on President Bush.

But Kerry did not mention Bush in the comment he made, to the students he was speaking to. He mentioned our military. And his claims of a 'joke' goes beyond the pale, in my humble opinion.

“If you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”

Had this been said in the sixties and the early seventies, in a time of the Draft, one MIGHT be able to get away with this sort of statement and justify it by saying it was a joke gone bad. MIGHT. Because there were a lot of very good students drafted into the Vietnam War even then. There were also many who enlisted. There were College/University graduates (remember Kerry???? Even he was in 'Nam for awhile....).

Some of them did not return. One of them was Father Vincent Capodanno who went back for a second term, and gave his life for his Grunts...and his Country. HE is a real hero, and he EARNED the Purple Heart. Sadly, he also had three major injuries in one day, refusing to leave his 'Grunts' ... and earned the right to go Home as well as home when he was struck down the third time, going to the aid of another!

Many of our current military people ALSO are College educated, and many have returned volutarily to Iraq. And some of them have come home disabled, some have died in service to their country. Same with Afghanistan where some have died, and some still serve... (witness Pat Tillman!!! Witness Fr Daniel Mode!! ) Some come home after two or three tours of duty.

They don't deserve a sick 'joke', if it truly WAS a joke. But they DO deserve Senator Kerry to apologize without justifying (and lying, again, in my humble opinion). Any military member of any branch serving ANYWHERE, including Iraq has every right to demand that apology.


To our military people... I am proud of you, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your service in this time of War, in this time of VOLUNTARY MILITARY. God bless each of you, AND your families!


Remembering

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home